Pontyclun ABC is opening January 2015.
With help from First Choice fitness in Coed Cae lane, Pontclun a group of ex amateur and professional boxers and friends have got together to start a boxing club with the aim to make it the most successful club in Wales.
Our coaches and committee have got together to try and put something back into boxing and encourage children into sport, give them an outlet, help them channel their energy and help some up and coming boxers achieve and share what they have gained through boxing
Coaches at Pontyclun ABC have over a combined 60 years experience in the boxing game:
· Michael Brendan Lyons: The driving force behind ‘Pontyclun ABC’ and owner of First choice Fitness (home of Pontyclun ABC), qualified level 3 trainer , specialises in strength and conditioning, kettle bells , trx , spinning. Ex Ruby player and big sporting background, run his own gym for over 6years and is also a retained fireman in Pontyclun.
· Darren Wilson: Ex Boxer and Nathan Cleverly trainer and conditioning coach
· Chris Davies ‘Monkey’: WABA Champion: Schoolboy, youth & senior, represented Wales for over 10 years, two times Gaelic Gold Medal, Daily Star Golden Gloves, European Bronze Medal, World Championships representative in Canada 1992 and at Pro Boxed for Commonwealth Title 2001.
· Jason Cook: WABA Champion: Schoolboy, youth & senior, ABA Boxing Champion, represented Wales for over 10 years, Commonwealth Games silver medallist 1994, Two times Acropolis Cup Gold medallist, Bronze at Italian cup, Professional Welsh, European, Celtic, Lonsdale belt and World champion.
· Richard Vowles: WABA Champion: Schoolboy, youth & senior, represented Wales for over 10 years, Bronze medallist Acropolis cup, Silver medallist Norway cup, Quarter finalist 1994 commonwealth games, ex professional boxer. Represented internationaly in Wheelchair rugby, Wales, England and Great Britain development.
· Brent Davies: Owner director of diamond securities ltd, covering bars clubs hotels in Cardiff City centre.
· Bethan Thomas: Youth Inclusion and Development officer , With over ten years’ experience working with children and young people Bethan now works as a Youth Inclusion and Development Officer for Merthyr Tydfil Housing Association. With a passion for sport, Bethan specialises in delivering doorstep sports sessions, ensuring that children and young people get to participate in sport at the right place, at the right time, at the right price and in the right style.
All our coaches and committee have children of their own and know how important the safety of each child is, all of our staff are CRB checked and trained in first aid so you can feel at ease knowing your loved ones are being looked after the best they can…
First training Session: Monday 26th January, Age 7 to 17, 4:30pm to 6pm
Grand Opening & Open day:
Saturday 31st January at 10-30am (Everyone welcome)
First Choice Fitness (Unit 6, Coed Cae Lane, Llantrisant, CF72 9HG
Age 7 to 17
Mon, Wed, Fri: 4:30pm to 6pm
Price: £3 per session
Tue, Thu: 4:30pm to 6pm
& Fri: 7pm to 8pm
Price: £4 per session
Sun: 5:30pm to 7pm
(Selected Squad members only)
£10 Membership (a year)
(Includes Insurance & T-shirt)
We hope to promote the best Boxing shows about, with Pontclun ABC you will see the best of amateur boxing and hopefully promote boxing and get more people involved in what is said to be the ultimate sport…
Pontyclun ABC has great support and trains at First Choice fitness in Coed Cae lane, if you are interested in getting involved in any way or you are a company who can help support our boxers please let us know?
For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org